I have come to absolutely love and adore Ginger. The more I learn about various superfoods and the amazing properties that they hold and can do for our bodies I become totally entranced with them!
I’ve decided to begin featuring various superfoods each week and go into depth with all that they can do.
Today’s superfood is….drumroll please…. GINGER!!! Lol in case you hadn’t already figured that one out yet.
Last week my mouth was a bit inflamed, something was very wrong with the right side of my mouth, in that I couldn’t seem to chew without being in immense pain… so to counter that inflammation I decided to go the natural remedy route and start poppin LOTS of ginger, as it is an anti-inflammatory Superfood! (that and cinnamon).
So last week I had lots of cinnamon on my oatmeal, then made an anti-inflammatory juices with lots of ginger. Then I made a lemongrass ginger miso soup! BAM!! I probably reeked of ginger! Lol
To sum it all up, 3 days later, no more pain!! It all went bye bye!! Woohoo!!
3 Carrots – peeled
1 Beet – peeled
2 big nobs of Ginger
1 Blood Orange – peeled
*Put into juicer and let the amazing juicer do its job!
*Pour into a fancy glass and enjoy!
Ginger Health Benefits: (All information below can be found at my favorite website for nutrition info WHFoods
– Anti- Nausea remedy (reduces the feeling of needing to puke)
* In fact, in one study, ginger was shown to be far superior to Dramamine, a commonly used over-the-counter and prescription drug for motion sickness. Ginger reduces all symptoms associated with motion sickness including dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and cold sweating.
– Aids in digestion (gastrointestinal relief)
– Anti-Inflammatory Effects
* Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols. These substances are believed to explain why so many people with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis experience reductions in their pain levels and improvements in their mobility when they consume ginger regularly. In two clinical studies involving patients who responded to conventional drugs and those who didn’t, physicians found that 75% of arthritis patients and 100% of patients with muscular discomfort experienced relief of pain and/or swelling.
– Protection against Colorectal Cancer
– Ginger induces cell deal in ovarian cancer cells
– Immune boosting action
* Ginger can not only be warming on a cold day, but can help promote healthy sweating, which is often helpful during colds and flus. A good sweat may do a lot more than simply assist detoxification. German researchers have recently found that sweat contains a potent germ-fighting agent that may help fight off infections. Investigators have isolated the gene responsible for the compound and the protein it produces, which they have named dermicidin. Dermicidin is manufactured in the body’s sweat glands, secreted into the sweat, and transported to the skin’s surface where it provides protection against invading microorganisms, including bacteria such as E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus (a common cause of skin infections), and fungi, including Candida albicans.
Hope you enjoyed learning a bit about the amazing benefits of Ginger!!! I know I do! (but we know I’m a nerd that way, so just roll with it! Lol)