**We’re gonna get a lil personal today, just a warning!**
I’m alive!! I know its been quite some time since I last wrote. But quite a lot has happened since I last posted. I am now living in Northern California! I made my trip across the country which was amazing, I highly recommend that you do a self exploration trip like that at some point in your life. Although I wish I had a bit more time so that I could have explored a bit more. I had exactly a week to do my trip so that I could get to my orientation (with AmeriCorps) on time.
2011 has been a year which I have dedicated to taking a deeper look into my soul to find who I truly am, what I want out of life, and what makes me truly happy. I have had quite some trial and error which is to be expected, and I have had some revelations. All in all I am still in my process of figuring out who and what I’m all about. And to be quite honest, I don’t think we ever really stop that exploration. We are constantly evolving.
What I have figured out so far:
1) When I truly want something, and I get that thing stuck in my brain, I go for it with all my might until I get it! A great example would be (as I shared in a post earlier this year) back in January of this year (2011) I decided that I wanted to move to California. Here it is now September, and I am living here! No its not the exact location I had wanted, but I am a hell of a lot closer then I was before!!
2) I need to have a job where I am not stuck at a desk and computer all day. I am NOT happy at all doing that. I need to be outdoors, doing hands on things, helping people achieve their fitness goals and being healthy!
3) I am happiest when I am working out daily, eating clean and busy busy!! I do not do very well when I have nothing to do.
4) I love sleep. Seriously, my body apparently needs like 8-10 hours of sleep or else I don’t function well.
5) I love being in the kitchen, creating healthy recipes! But it’s hard for me to re-create them because I never measure anything. I would love to learn how to create baking recipes though, that is something that requires science and chemistry! ugghh….
6) I come alive when I can take dance classes on a regular basis. Before I left for the west coast I had found a hip hop class that I fell in love with, I was able to just let loose!! I will definitely be back taking it (I hope!) when I go home for Christmas. Lets hope they are open!
7) I am way more outgoing then I realized. When I finally stepped away from the area where I grew up, which had become a suffocating bubble, I totally blossomed so to speak. I had a gut feeling that would happen too. When I arrived in town, where I am living now, I totally got myself out and about in the community and instantly made friends. I remember this was a big part of my personality when I was younger. I guess when we need to we can conjure up all kinds of things!
8.) I am quite innovative. I have a ton of awesome ideas just waiting to burst out! I just need to figure out how to put them into action. Money would be the biggest hindrance right now.
9) I am my own person. This may sound weird or odd, but it is one thing (out of a few particular ones) that I have had the hardest time with this year in figuring myself out. As most of us do when growing up, we like to put ourselves into a category or try and fit the mold. For me I always looked up to certain people who seemed to have it all “figured out”. I, however, have not once done things the way they are “supposed” to be done. Maybe it’s because of this that I have this strange desire to have a 9-5 type job, in a manner of speaking, but thats just not how I roll. It never will be. I like doing things my way, I like changing my look up to keep things interesting, I like cheesy disney shows and I like adventure, I love dancing like a total idiot in my room blasting pop songs or Baba O’Riley, I love running & yoga, I am a vegan, I love fashion and athletic clothing, I enjoy me time as long as I’m around people, I’m not perfect, I believe in fate. I won’t change for anyone. That’s just who I am, take it or leave it.
There is a lot more to figure out I’m sure, and I’m loving this whole “re-discovering myself” adventure I’m on. It’s fun and refreshing! And much needed after having spent almost a decade working on finishing up my degree and feeling stuck in a rut.
Here is to new beginnings!