Rain rain go away come again another day!!
It has been so dreary the past few days and I am so not a fan! I truly cannot wait to move over to the west coast with all the bright warm sun!!!!!
Anyway, so to brighten things up a bit I will continue with sharing the recipes from my fabulous dinner menu last night.
Garlic Basil Sweet Potato Fries (serves 1-2 people)
– 1 Garnet Yam (about the size of a light bulb)
– 1 large garlic clove
– 1 heaping Tbsp coconut oil
– 1/2 Tbsp Basil
– 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
– 1/4 tsp Paprika
– 1 Tbsp Juice from Lemon
– 1/4 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds, roughly chopped
– Celtic Course Sea Salt to taste
– Ground Black Pepper to Taste
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
* Peel and wash Yam
* Cut into 1 inch thick slices, then slice those in half (basically cut to look like fries)
* put into bowl, along with the rest of ingredients and mix with rubber spatula until coconut oil is fully incorporated and coated on yam slices
* Lay out onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet, and place in oven
* Cook for about 35 minutes – enjoy with some fresh veggies!!
So with that delicious recipe posted, I am now going to let you all know that starting tomorrow I am going to be starting a juice cleanse. I am going to be doing lots and lots of juicing as well as raw soups until Sunday.
I have been wanting to do this for a while but now I have the motivation to do so. Two people at work at doing a fast, however I find fasts to be just dumb unless they are for religious purposes. I feel that you can still cleanse your body while nourishing it properly so that you don’t pass out.
This is going to be incredibly hard for sure! I’ve never done a whole body cleanse before, but the health benefits of it, from what I have read out beat the hard work. So I am determined to do this!! Plus since I have two co-workers also going in on this, it should be much easier to get through. I very well may be going through a pack of gum a day! Lol (hey its much better then a pack of lung cancer inducing sticks a day right?)
I will detail my journey starting tomorrow!!