A little while back I promised to post some delicious guilt free desserts. Well as usual things got a bit busy and didn’t get a chance to post any more.
So here it is, as promised #2 of my set of delicious desserts! Oh and I apologize in advance to my photos. When I went to get my camera it was dead :-( so I had to use my phone to take the photos.
The thing I love about Banana soft serve is that you can have soooo many awesome variations!! It’s like the raw version of vanilla ice cream. I always have some frozen bananas in my freezer so that when I get a craving for some ice cream I can grab them and whip up whatever flavor I’m craving🙂
Banana Soft Serve (Coconut Strawberry)
– 1 peeled and frozen banana
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– Dried sliced strawberries
– 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
– 1 piece pure dark chocolate for topping
* Slice banana and put in food processor, process (stopping to scrape down sides) until chopped.
* Add vanilla and coconut, process until smooth soft serve consistency
* Put into nice ice cream dish, top with dried strawberries and chocolate
Variations you could do:
– Peanut Butter Soft Serve
1 Frozen banana chopped
1 Tbsp nut butter of choice
1 tsp vanilla extract (or almond would be good too if using Almond butter)
1 Tbsp non dairy milk (ration it out though until desired consistency is reached. You may not need it all, or you may even need a bit more)
Top with chocolate chips, or chocolate sauce or berries!
– Almond Berry Soft Serve
1 Frozen banana chopped
1 tsp Almond extract
1 Tbsp chopped almonds
Fresh mixed berries of choice for topping
** Drizzle with lemon glaze for a slightly more decadent dessert!! (put fresh lemon juice and organic powdered sugar in a sauce pan and heat on low until sugar has melted and it becomes a thick syrupy consistency)
Citrus Coconut Soft Serve
– 1 frozen banana chopped
– 1/2 tsp lemon extract + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– Finely shredded coconut (however much you desire, I’d probably use about 1/4 cup)
– 1-2 tsp zest of an orange and lemon
– 1 tsp Agave
I am so on a citrus kick right now to hopefully knock out this darn sinus cold I’ve developed. It seems to be a tradition for me at exactly this time of year, every year.
I’ll be sure to share some of my juicing recipes with you in the next day or two. I am going out to a comedy show tomorrow night, so I may not have time to post anything. If not, then I’ll be sure to maybe do a double post on Friday! We’ll see just how daring I am feeling hahah